How To Prepare Amala With Fresh Fish Soup And Ewedu!
Amala with fresh fish soup and ewedu is one of the most popular dishes in Nigeria. It is very delicious and totally filling. In this article we will be taking you through how to make this amazing dish.
To make this easy, we will start with how to make fresh fish soup, and later proceed to how to make amala itself and finally how to prepare ewedu.
How to make fresh fish soup
Scotch Bonnet (Atarodo)
Bell Pepper (Tatase)
• Wash and blend tomatoes, bell pepper, scotch bonnet and onions together
• Add salt to taste
•Add maggi when the fresh fish soup is almost done (adding maggi when a dish is almost done makes it taste better)
• Cover and leave for few minutes
•Your fresh fish soup is ready
How to make Amala
•Pour 2 cups of water in a pot and allow to boil
• After it’s boiled add your yam flour and stir firmly with a wooden stick, till it becomes smooth and firm
How to prepare Ewedu
• A handful of Ewedu leaves (Jute leaves)
• Tiny piece of potash
• Iru/ locust beans (optional)
• Egusi (optional)
•Wash the ewedu leaves to get rid of sand and dirt.
•Blend the ewedu leaves
• Pour the blended Ewedu Leaves in a pot and add water
• Add salt, tiny piece of potash iru and egusi if available
• Stir firmly for 2 – 3 minutes (Note: Don’t cover your ewedu throughout the process).
Credit: MSSN Kosofe