Starting A Plantain Chips Business In Nigeria!
You can easily start a successful plantain chips business in Nigeria without going through so much stress and not having to spend a lot. Go to plantain market, you can buy 2 bunches for #2,400.
Buy a gallon of groundnut oil, get a pinch of salt, frying pan, small nylons and package your chips with your business name and supply to schools, shops and even malls.
Below are ingredients to make plantain chips from the comfort of your home:
- Ripe or unripe plantains
- Vegetable oil
- Table salt/sugar (depending on customers demand).
Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Powdered pepper
How To Make Your Chips
- STEP 1: Wash plantains. Peel them and slice into very thin circles.
- STEP 2: Place all the slices into water until you finish. This way you can maintain their colour.
- STEP 3: Salt the water and stir.
- STEP 4: All the water has to be drained to leave plantain slices dry before frying them.
You can add any other additional ingredients at this point.
- STEP 5: Add oil into a deep pan and preheat it. Place plantain slices into the hot oil and fry until they turn yellow.
- STEP 6: Remove extra oil from your chips with the help of paper towels.
Packaging Your Plantain Chips For Sale
Put quantities of the finished product into transparent air tight nylon bags or transparent containers according to your target sales. And don’t forget to add the following :
- Your product name
- Company name
- Your contact and any other vital information you wish in each bag.
Where You Can Sell Your Chips
- Aboki kiosks
- Petty traders.