You’ve just gotten engaged! Congratulations! Wedding planning can seem daunting, but don’t worry, we’re here to help.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to plan your perfect Nigerian wedding. From start to finish, we’ll cover it all!
So sit back, relax, and let us help you plan the wedding of your dreams.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Date
How do you choose the perfect wedding date? It can be tough, but it’s definitely not impossible. Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Consider your family and friends. When do they have the most availability? When are they available to travel?
2. Consider your work schedule. Are you available to take time off in the months leading up to your wedding?
3. Consider the season. Do you want a winter wedding or a summer wedding?
4. Consider the weather. If you’re having an outdoor wedding, will the weather be cooperating?
5. Consider your budget. How much are you willing to spend on airfare and hotels for out-of-town guests?
How to Find the Right Wedding Venue
It’s no secret that finding the right wedding venue can be a daunting task. With so many options available, how can you be sure you’re making the right choice?
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue for your big day:
1. Start by figuring out what kind of atmosphere you want. Do you want a rustic barn or an elegant ballroom?
2. Narrow down your options by considering your guest list size and budget.
3. Once you’ve narrowed it down, tour the potential venues and ask lots of questions!
How to Pick Your Wedding Colors
So you’ve picked your date and booked your venue—now it’s time to pick your colors! This can be a fun but daunting task, so we’re here to help.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing your wedding colors: the season, the theme, and the tone of the wedding. Are you having a formal evening wedding or a casual daytime wedding? Do you want colors that reflect the natural world, or something more festive?
Once you’ve narrowed it down, it’s time to start testing colors. Most bridal salons will have fabric swatches that you can borrow, or you can order color swatches online. Play around with different combinations and see what feels best to you.
How to Choose Your Wedding Photographer
You’ve probably seen thousands of wedding photos online and in magazines, and you may have even started to get an idea of the style you want for your own wedding. But how do you go about choosing the right photographer to capture all those memories?
Here are a few tips:
1. Do your research. Look at as many photographers’ websites and portfolios as you can, and make a shortlist of the ones you like best.
2. Meet with your top picks. This is your chance to ask questions, get a feel for their style, and see if you gel with them.
3. Choose the right package. Don’t just go by price; make sure you choose a package that includes everything you need, from prints to albums.
4. Trust your gut feeling. If something about a photographer doesn’t feel right, it’s probably best to move on.
How to Pick the Right Wedding Cake
When it comes to picking the right wedding cake, there are a few things to consider. First, think about what type of cake you want. Do you want something classic and elegant, or something more funky and unique?
Once you’ve decided on the style of cake, it’s time to think about the flavor. Do you want something sweet and vanilla-y, or something a bit more exotic like coconut or pineapple?
Finally, you’ll need to decide on the size of the cake. Do you want a small cake for just the two of you, or a giant cake that can feed hundreds of people?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll be able to find the perfect wedding cake for your big day!
How to Plan Your Wedding Budget
When it comes to planning your wedding budget, it’s important to be realistic. You don’t want to start out by setting your expectations too high and then end up going into debt. That’s why it’s a good idea to sit down and figure out exactly how much money you can afford to spend on your wedding.
Start by estimating how much money you’ll need for the basics, like the venue, catering, and wedding dress. Then think about any extras you might want, like a band or photographer. Be sure to account for both the up-front costs and the ongoing costs, like invitations, thank-you cards, and postage.
When you have a final number in mind, try to stick to it as closely as possible. There are always ways to cut costs if you’re willing to be flexible. For example, you might be able to save money on catering by serving a buffet instead of a plated meal. Or you could choose a less expensive venue. Whatever you do, just remember that it’s important to have a budget you’re comfortable with and stick to it!
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to start planning your big day! The following pages will guide you through everything you need to know, from setting a budget to choosing your dress.
We hope this guide helps make your wedding planning as easy and fun as possible. Congratulations and best wishes!