Banana bread is one of the best ways to use up ripe bananas, since it’s a perfect mix of moist and airy, with a delicate sweetness balanced by the addition of whole wheat flour.
Banana bread is simple to make and so easy to bake. This simple recipe will guide you through the process of making banana bread.
Ingredients for two loaves of bread
- 4 very ripe bananas, (medium/large)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (226 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups of flour (450g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup Walnut (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C. Grease and flour the baking pan lightly. Lightly roast walnuts on skillet or frying pan, stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar together with a hand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix everything together.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork until they resemble chunky applesauce and add them to the batter.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda, then add to the batter and lightly mix everything together.
5. Mix in chopped roasted walnuts and raisins and gently fold in the batter. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350°F/175°C for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the banana bread to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.